Pretty up that planter base!

Ok, so I have this really cute neon green IKEA flower planter, and I wanted to make a nice base for it. So I went hunting in my garden found one that was an appropriate size. Here is what I found. (Nice and dirty!)

So I set about my project. First step, scrub the dirt off. 


Next, I used Black Liquitex Gesso to cover it completely with 2 coats and allowed it to dry.

Next, I used the back of a pencil dipped in neon acrylic paint to randomly stamp polka dots all around. 

And is is what the final piece looks like under my neon green pot.. 
I love how it turned out! 

The Video

Hope you enjoyed this post! If you like what I share, don't forget to Subscribe to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment